TheSafehouse

A mathematician is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat which isn't there. -Charles Darwin

Safehouse Forums

Safehouse Site Info

The end is nigh

FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Dikamin
Rogue Class Leader
-Vanguard

Bugs list
Reply With Quote   #1

Alright lets Keep this thread to only posting bugs with current abilites. No comment on other things please.

I will be coming back editing my oringal post to list all bugs. Just keep posting bugs you come across.

Last edited by Dikamin; 08-16-07 at 09:05 PM.
au+
Registered Member

Re: Bugs list
Reply With Quote   #2

* Damage display timing with Shank (when stealthed) is bugged. Missing hit timing information from the animation, I would guess.

* Deter seems to activate 1-2 hits later than when you click the ability. Seems odd, though it might be intended.

* The 'Stalk' ability has a refresh timer that shouldn't be there.

* Animations of abilities are often different when in stealth mode than when not. Bug or feature?

* The Fade icon doesn't always properly light up after using Ploy. Unsure how to reproduce.

* Revenge icon doesn't always light up after parrying. It does still work anyway, however.

* Ploy can miss occasionally. I'm not sure how a defensive maneuver can miss, posting in case it's a bug.

* Stealth works while on a mount. Sneaky horses are cool and all but it's probably a bug.

vjek
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #3

BUG: Damage Shields and Area of Effect spells break the only Combat Stance Rogues get, namely, Stalking. No other class combat stance in the game suffers from this bug. The amount of daily frustration this broken mechanic creates is beyond imagining. In most cases, this means every single fight the Rogue is knocked out of Stalk at least once. (Yes, I know this one is known, just including it for completeness)

BUG: All racial abilities break Stalk, and should not.

BUG: Consumable buff items break Stalk, and should not. (potions, food, healing items, talismans, summoned druid items, charged items, etc) However, using poison does NOT break Stalk.

BUG: Rogue Poison buffs drop if you log out for any reason. The buff does not persist like all other buffs do, even if there is time left on the poison/buff.

BUG: Scroll of Float: Levitate effect is lost (gone, no lev) after evac'ing.

BUG: Throwing Daggers: No increase in damage with better throwing daggers. No Bandoliers for holding stacks of Throwing Daggers (but quivers/bolt cases for arrows/bolts!!). However, Throwing Daggers are REQUIRED for our abilities but in every way throwing daggers are worse than any other ranged weapon. Can you just make throwing daggers better in ONE way, when compared to other ranged weapons, so we might have some reason to want to use them, and also the corresponding abilities based on them?

BUG: Finishers: If Stalk is broken (yes, i realize this is an issue tied to AE/DS's unintentionally breaking Stalk) between the time a finisher is triggered and the time the Rogue can select a finisher, SOME finishing moves cannot be cast. However, some can (clout, ruin, for example). It's inconsistent. Obviously, it would be better if it didn't matter, and the finishing moves (all of them) could still be cast.

BUG: The recast timer for Shiv and Impale abilities will show castable, but are not castable. (refresh timers do not match hotkey icon timers). The hotkey is lit up like you can cast it, but if you press it, you get the message "You are not ready to do that yet" or something similar. So either fix the broken hotkey icons so they don't show up unless you REALLY can cast them or remove recast timers on Shiv and Impale, one or the other.

BUG: Some positional attacks prevent casting if requirements are not met. Some positional attacks do not prevent casting if requirements are not met. It's inconsistent. Specifically, Backstab vs. Shank/Shiv. Backstab will not cast unless the positional conditions are met. Shank/Shiv do not prevent casting if the positional conditions are not met. But those that don't prevent casting (Shank/Shiv) will happily expire the finishing move and do absolutely nothing, wasting the critical/finishing move.

BUG: Deathwhirl (Rogue learned ability) does not consistently open up all finishing moves. Occasionally it will do it right, and you can use any finisher as normal. However, most of the time, the only finishing move you can use is Clout. Deathwhirl needs to be fixed so that it consistently opens up all finishing moves on a critical, like all our other finisher-openers do.

BUG: Finishing move timers are inaccurate. Specifically, all finishing moves are NOT castable with 10-20% of the green-timer-bar remaining. The green timer bar does not match the time remaining to cast. To fix this, change the green timer bar so it actually matches the time remaining.

BUG: After using Escape, any DoT's the Rogue has ticking on any monsters will re-add the Rogue to the monster's hate list. As a fix, all Rogue DoT's should be cancelled on the use of Escape.

BUG: Escape cannot be used if the Rogue is the focus of aggro. As a fix, the Rogue should be able to use Escape at any time (yes, I know this is known, and supposed to be fixed soon, but still including it)

Reply With Quote   #4

Elusive Foe lvl 50 earned ability is blocking runspeed buffs.

Pokers
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #5

I'm level 50 and my Ravage opener is consistently outdamaged by my shank/shiv chain by a rather large degree, which shouldn't be possible. Maybe the damage formula for Ravage VI is bugged?

Can anyone corroborate this?

Last edited by Pokers; 05-14-07 at 10:54 AM.
Maliphus_Iscariot
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #6

Note on the throwing daggers damage.. Its not limited to daggers. ALL throwing weapons are like this.

Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #7

Seeing as we are now dealing with SOE, I would just like to say that in my years of playing SOE games, the major rule of thumb is that the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

In the spirit of such rule I have already posted about AE/DS breaking stealth

vjek
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #8

Fade and Knee break damage are not being logged properly:

[19:38:58] [19:38] Your <highlight>Knee Break V</color> hits Frenzied Mullosk for <highlight>1073741400 (536870488+536870912)</color> damage.

[19:39:22] [19:39] Your <highlight>Fade</color> hits Frenzied Mullosk for <highlight>1073741824 (536870912+536870912)</color> damage.

(not that Fade is supposed to do damage, but... that's a separate bug I s'pose)

phantomstar
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #9

- Backstab VI does less damage then Backstab V, and costs the same Endurance.
- After 42 There are some abilities that have no refresh (Shank as an example). Is this intended?
I know that may seem like a wierd question but it may actually be intended to help scale our DPS up as we move up in levels.

This is way down the list but its something that is kinda annoying as well.
It appears all click abilities on equipment break stealth.

-The "Felzekar, Helm of Dominion" which has an ability to crit on the next hit from Rahz breaks stealth every time I use it; last night I had my first crash while trying to activate it. I mostly use it when an AoE has broken my stealth.

Vjek did go over this a bit but wanted to make sure items were added to that list.

Thanks a ton.

Last edited by phantomstar; 05-17-07 at 03:51 PM.
phantomstar
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #10

vjek said:
Fade and Knee break damage are not being logged properly:

[19:38:58] [19:38] Your <highlight>Knee Break V</color> hits Frenzied Mullosk for <highlight>1073741400 (536870488+536870912)</color> damage.

[19:39:22] [19:39] Your <highlight>Fade</color> hits Frenzied Mullosk for <highlight>1073741824 (536870912+536870912)</color> damage.

(not that Fade is supposed to do damage, but... that's a separate bug I s'pose)
Yea I had this exact issue as well, Monks have something similar I couldn't get a good read out of our monk in group.
I would add to the list that we would like to have all damage report to the maker of said damage so that we can get a good reading of the logs

Last edited by phantomstar; 05-17-07 at 03:43 PM.
vjek
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #11

Also, we're still showing great disrespect for the dead (beating on corpses, slaying them after they're dead, etc)

Everything_log_2007_0519_2056.txt:[21:18:28] [21:18] You have slain corpse of Mountain Doe!
Everything_log_2007_0519_2056.txt:[21:18:28] [21:18] You crush corpse of Mountain Doe for <highlight>2087 (1607+480)</color> damage.
Everything_log_2007_0521_0848.txt:[08:54:24] [08:54] You have slain corpse of Mountain Stag!
Everything_log_2007_0521_0848.txt:[08:54:24] [08:54] You crush corpse of Mountain Stag for <highlight>539 (337+202)</color> damage.
Everything_log_2007_0521_0848.txt:[09:09:47] [09:09] You have slain corpse of Mountain Stag!
Everything_log_2007_0521_0848.txt:[09:09:47] [09:09] You crush corpse of Mountain Stag for <highlight>543 (373+170)</color> damage.
Everything_log_2007_0521_0848.txt:[09:15:20] [09:15] You have slain corpse of Mountain Stag!
Everything_log_2007_0521_0848.txt:[09:15:20] [09:15] You crush corpse of Mountain Stag for <highlight>592 (441+151)</color> damage.
Everything_log_2007_0522_1614.txt:[17:07:51] [17:07] You have slain corpse of Bog Sludge!
Everything_log_2007_0522_1614.txt:[17:07:51] [17:07] You pierce corpse of Bog Sludge for <highlight>482 (296+186)</color> damage.
Everything_log_2007_0522_2008.txt:[20:51:16] [20:51] You have slain corpse of Razorfin Walker!
Everything_log_2007_0522_2008.txt:[20:51:16] [20:51] You pierce corpse of Razorfin Walker for <highlight>526 (376+150)</color> damage.
Everything_log_2007_0522_2008.txt:[21:09:45] [21:09] You have slain corpse of Mnalus Warrior!
Everything_log_2007_0522_2008.txt:[21:09:45] [21:09] You pierce corpse of Mnalus Warrior for <highlight>782 (544+238)</color> damage.

(BUG: once it's a corpse, we should not be hitting it or slaying it... )

Krazin
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #12

Along with escape, smoke bomb also will not allow you to go into stealth while focus of agro.

Deter breaks stealth.

Only vampiric thirst scrolls seem to go away when you log out none of the rest. Do not need them to go in and look at one scroll and say its fixed and not actually fix the problem.

Kraz

Last edited by Krazin; 05-31-07 at 10:11 AM.
Mythdarr
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #13

Opening with a Critical Ravage against another player does apply the 2-3 second stun as it should.

I also think Foul Blood dart is not altering heals enough. I think it should be more in line with the Cleric debuff, this is from a PVE point of view, since noone heals in PVP. (They dont have time to)

Journeyman Weaponsmith Ubik of Varking, *Where's the love?/Kojani is sexy™*

Last edited by Mythdarr; 05-30-07 at 07:16 AM.
jhood001
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #14

Pokers said:
I'm level 50 and my Ravage opener is consistently outdamaged by my shank/shiv chain by a rather large degree, which shouldn't be possible. Maybe the damage formula for Ravage VI is bugged?

Can anyone corroborate this?
Yes, this absolutely happens. It really shows itself when Quickblade and Vital Strike is activated. Around lvl 40, Ravage seems to max out around 3k, while Shank can hit all the way up to 8k. This definately exists.

Edit: Obviously around lvl 40 I don't even have Ravage VI, but I have always seen this behavior with all levels of Ravage.

Last edited by jhood001; 06-04-07 at 09:03 AM.
jhood001
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #15

Bug: Rogue ranged abilities that require throwing daggers (Arc of Daggers, Rogues Kiss) cannot be used with crafted throwing daggers. You get the incorrect weapon type message.

Swag
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #16

There is often a sizable delay (3-10 seconds) after combat where you cannot enter Stalking because you are still considered to be in combat (mob is dead, UI shows out-of-combat icon)

Krazin
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #17

Bandages break stealth.

Melority breaks stealth. (legendary helm from Rahz)

Conduct breaks stealth. (heroic mask from Lost Canyon quest)

Kraz

vjek
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #18

While not Rogue specific, it does affect Rogues:

If reaction bar ability icons are dragged to normal hotbars, they do not light up for Finishing moves. However, the green-timer-bars that move from right to left , to indicate the window of opportunity to use the Finisher, appear on the icons on the normal hotbars. They just don't highlight.

vjek
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #19

The description for a Water of Life Dart reads, in part: "This poison causes the target to take damage every time it attacks."

This is inaccurate.

The effect only causes damage if the target DAMAGES someone. It does not cause damage to the monster if the monster just attacks. If the attack is dodged, parried, blocked, or misses, there is no damage to the dart'd monster.

The current behavior is: "This poison causes the target to take damage every time the target damages an opponent."

This is why it seems so ineffective, because it doesn't actually work as described. So either fix the description, or make it work as described! /nod

Swag
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #20

New one since the patch:

About 20% of the time, a successful Ploy will not allow you to backstab/shank/shiv from the front.

au+
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #21

Swag said:
New one since the patch:

About 20% of the time, a successful Ploy will not allow you to backstab/shank/shiv from the front.
That isn't new :/
I've always had this problem.

kyoufu
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #22

Has anyone else noticed drub actually genearting hatred instead of removing it? I have in several instances noticed drub causing the mob to actually switch to targeting me; if all it does is -650ish hatred, I don't see how that is possible.

Example 1: I was luring mobs, i would go throw a dagger, then run, my sorc friend would start nuking to pull it off me to kite it. I wanted to do damage but didnt want to pull aggro so i tried drubbing it as an opening move, but the drub alone (the only move I did) caused the mob to stop chasing my friend, turn to me and begin attacking. This happened several times.

In several other instances, while stealtheed i start getting concerned about my aggro so i hit drub, the mob will suddenly switch to me after the drub.

Anyone else noticed such strange happenings?

sublimatiion
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #23

Blood of Decay III is ineffective, mobs will sense other players while they are 'asleep,' or if your sneak/hide level is too low. I have had this issue numerous times and has resulted in a few deaths and frustrating circumstances. I haven't tested to see if I or II cause this problem yet.

EDIT:
I just tested and Blood of Decay II has the same issue, I assume Blood of Decay I does too. I have not tested any Advanced Darts, but I don't think this is intended.

Vanguard -~- Founder Kiriadon LeiSaeth (retired)
[50] Half Elf Rogue -~- Seradon

Last edited by sublimatiion; 06-18-07 at 05:08 PM.
Fafnyr
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #24

Last Ditch Strike - rogues have few hit points, and 15% life remaining is too low for this to trigger. Suggest it be up to at least 20% and preferable 25%

Last edited by Fafnyr; 06-23-07 at 05:09 PM.
Swag
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #25

sublimatiion said:
Blood of Decay III is ineffective, mobs will sense other players while they are 'asleep,' or if your sneak/hide level is too low. I have had this issue numerous times and has resulted in a few deaths and frustrating circumstances. I haven't tested to see if I or II cause this problem yet.

EDIT:
I just tested and Blood of Decay II has the same issue, I assume Blood of Decay I does too. I have not tested any Advanced Darts, but I don't think this is intended.
Thats how sleep works across the board, not just for rogue darts.

Swag
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #26

Fafnyr said:
Last Ditch Strike - rogues have few hit points, and 15% life remaining is too low for this to trigger. Suggest it be up to at least 20% and preferable 25%
Not a bug.

vjek
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #27

After a Rogue pickpockets a creature, there is an icon (looks like a small bag) effect on the creature called Pickpocket. The mouseover for the effect reads "Has been recently Pickpocketed".

This icon does not appear consistently.

If you pickpocket a creature, the icon does not appear on that creature if you change targets.

similarly,

If you pickpocket a creature, the icon does not appear on that creature if you do not change targets.

The only way to get the icon to appear is to kill something, try and loot it, and then select the recently pickpocketed creature. If you select ANY OTHER non-pickpocketed creature at any time before or after, the icon will not display on a recently pickpocketed target.

As we evidently need to pickpocket more than 10,000 creatures to get our lint book (I'm over 8000 now) it would be REALLY FREAKING NICE if this effect icon actually showed up like it's supposed to, so that when we're going through an area pickpocketing for hours and hours on end, we can actually tell if we can re-pickpocket a creature or not.

Krazin
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #28

Sorry Vjek thats a coding issue and as of yet has no ETA on a fix.

Kraz

Swag
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #29

The Water of Life VII poison adds the proc Water of Life V instead of Water of Life VII (which I assume would have more level-appropriate damage)

jhood001
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #30

The Bloodmage granted ability "Quickening Jolt" drops you from Stalk as well.

Fafnyr
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #31

Scroll of float should be moved to be 460 skill given it is in the level 46 book, or put into another book. It creates confusion by disappearing off the list at level 45 the way it is currently done. In addition, whilst not a bug, should also consider making it a group version not a single target version.

Mythdarr
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #32

The last 2 levels of Enflaming Veins flechette don't work they deal 0 dmg.

This is the standard version and I tried the last 2 at level 50, then I just decided it really was a bad idea to even think of using them.

Dikamin
Rogue Class Leader
-Vanguard

Reply With Quote   #33

Gonna rebuild bug lists with update 2 now on live. Find any bugs please post them.

vjek
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #34

As of 20070817/GU2

While grouped, the position of players does not update properly once they are out of Line-of-sight range. The compass range jumps around / varies wildly, and the direction is inaccurate.

Monster position is not reflected properly by the client. This is particularly annoying for Rogues as we need to be behind the monster in a relatively narrow arc range to perform many of our attacks. I was forced to use Smoke Trick many times, still, in order to find the 'back' of a creature that, according to the client, I was directly behind. Pets know the position properly, but even with a Pet in the group, the monster position is not displayed properly to ALL clients fighting said monster. It's not just me.

Using consumable items, such as hard boiled eggs to recover health, breaks stalk. However, using other items does not break stalk. It's inconsistent. Item use should generally speaking NOT break stalk.

Of course the torch is still turned off while chunking.

There is still a significant delay from Shank/Shiv use -> damage. To reproduce: Use Shank/Shiv to kill a creature. The damage from Shiv will not appear over the monsters head, or in the log, for several seconds AFTER the monster has died, which seems highly unlikely/illogical, given that's what killed it.

There is a new delay of ~1 second while looting any corpse. This is the actual act of looting, not in the corpse opening.

The text permitted in a bug report is too small. It appears to be ~1000 characters, which is not enough. This should be changed to at least a VARCHAR SQL type value (64k) so people can put enough detail in bug reports.

If you use alt-enter to switch between full screen and windowed mode, all GUI elements are moved down 1-2 pixels every time you do it. Eventually you have to switch to layout mode and drag everything "up" the screen to prevent them all from being squished together at the bottom. This is 100% trivially reproducable, and has been a bug since the start of Beta 5.

Still Active:
The description for a Water of Life Dart reads, in part: "This poison causes the target to take damage every time it attacks."

This is inaccurate.

The effect only causes damage if the target DAMAGES someone. It does not cause damage to the monster if the monster just attacks. If the attack is dodged, parried, blocked, or misses, there is no damage to the dart'd monster.

The current behavior is: "This poison causes the target to take damage every time the target damages an opponent." So either fix the darts (preferred!) or change the description so the effect matches the bugged behavior. (bad!)

Blindside: Last night, I was duo'ing with a necro. His pet was tanking. I think a range of 15m would be better, as there were cases where I was directly opposite the Abomination in the proper spot, but I was too far away. That is, the monster wouldn't get close enough to the tank for me to use Blindside in a normal situation, with a 10m range. I couldn't get closer to the creature, or I would have been inside the model. This is similar to the range issues we had (now fixed, thank you!) with Smoke Trick.

More to come, but that's what I made notes on last night.

EDIT1:

The log entries for Lacerate, Impale, and Hemorrhage have no ownership associated with them. Specifically, this is what Eviscerate says:

[21:52:44] [21:52] Your <highlight>Eviscerate</color> hits Magmite Marauder for <highlight>1455 (1084+371)</color> damage.
[21:52:44] [21:52] <HIGHLIGHT>Eviscerate</COLOR> deals <HIGHLIGHT>673</COLOR> damage to Magmite Marauder.

Note the DoT portion ALSO has no owner, but the initial strike does.

compared to:

[21:50:37] [21:50] <HIGHLIGHT>Hemorrhage V</COLOR> deals <HIGHLIGHT>332</COLOR> damage to Magmite Ravager.
[21:50:39] [21:50] <HIGHLIGHT>Impale V</COLOR> deals <HIGHLIGHT>438</COLOR> damage to Magmite Ravager.
[21:51:25] [21:51] <HIGHLIGHT>Lacerate VII</COLOR> deals <HIGHLIGHT>294</COLOR> damage to Magmite Marauder.

Which have no owner (Not you, Your, or character name) at all!

EDIT2:

The log entry for Quickblade is missing the Ability in the text:

[21:03:36] [21:03] <BLUE>Quickblade causes your to strike a second time for additional damage.

there's nothing between "your" and "to" which should contain the $ability$ variable.

EDIT3:

There is no critical reporting in the logs for critical DoT's, such as Lacerate, Hemorrhage, or Impale. Critical hits still happen, but there's no log message or indication other than the damage increase. This makes it impractical to parse criticals for these abilities in their current log format.

Last edited by vjek; 08-17-07 at 03:43 PM.
Ceradaxas
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #35

doesn't blindside read that is works on the Attacker of your Defensive target?

if the mob was attacking the necro pet and your defensive target was the necro, blindside wouldnt fire.

vjek
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #36

Ceradaxas said:
doesn't blindside read that is works on the Attacker of your Defensive target?

if the mob was attacking the necro pet and your defensive target was the necro, blindside wouldnt fire.
Yep, the exact quote is: "You quickly strike at the attacker of your defensive target"

My interpretation of that (wrong) was whoever your defensive target is attacking.

So, when it was attacking the necro, of course, it would work. And then focus would change and it wouldn't work, hence my confusion. I guess either I interpret these descriptions badly, or they're written badly. /shrug Very likely the former. Or it just annoys me that both my offensive target and the target of my defensive target has to match before this works, when it would be just as easy to make the ability work with a single offensive target.

The range bug with the skill still exists, though, so I'll edit the post to reflect that alone, presuming everyone else has no issues with the description.

EDIT: The rest of my post GU2 bugs/issues can be found in my sig-link, here.

Last edited by vjek; 08-19-07 at 11:17 AM.
Kyoss
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #37

vjek said:
The range bug with the skill still exists, though, so I'll edit the post to reflect that
Try it with a real tank and not with a pet. Never had an issue so far.
Pets teleport around the screen anyway... and have other problems too.

All intercepts i have seen so far require you to select both MOB and attacked partymember, thats nothing new, thats not only blindside, thats no bug...

If you reach the required level and learn blindside a help-popup tells you exactly what an intercept is and how to use it.

Completely useless comment removed

Edit: typos, removed some lols

Last edited by Aidden; 09-16-07 at 08:12 PM.
Aidden
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #38

Kyoss knock off the sarcastic and flippant comments.

Swag
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #39

General Bug: If someone hits a mob with a sleep/mez/stun that lasts 60 seconds then someone else hits it with a sleep/mez/stun that has a shorter duration, the mob becomes unmezzed when the shorter duration timer runs out instead of the longer.

Rogue Bug: Elusive Foe (supposed 50% avoidance of movement hampering effects) doesn't work. Was fighting Lord F-whatshisname in Floridel this morning and got him stuck on some rocks. He did an AE root every 2 seconds for almost 10 minutes. Every cast landed except for two which were resisted.

Swag
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #40

Another general bug: Damage shields force you into a combat stance when a mob hits you and takes damage, which then forces you off your horse on the first hit regardless of mount stability. As damage shields are a continental effect for all crafted armor, its an issue.

Gahd
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #41

Swag said:
Another general bug: Damage shields force you into a combat stance when a mob hits you and takes damage, which then forces you off your horse on the first hit regardless of mount stability. As damage shields are a continental effect for all crafted armor, its an issue.
I don't know if it's intended or not but I had a ds hit a mob I was sneaking past and agro the mob, drop my stealth and get me kilt.

Edit:

Since I cannot reproduce this, ignore this. It was prolly a fluke. (I will go back to pickpocketing)

Gahd
50 Rogue
<Safe Haven>
Seradon

Last edited by Gahd; 09-19-07 at 07:43 AM.
Swag
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #42

Gahd said:
I don't know if it's intended or not but I had a ds hit a mob I was sneaking past and agro the mob, drop my stealth and get me kilt.
Damage shields dont just randomly hit stuff and reveal you. It hit you first.

Gahd
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #43

Swag said:
Damage shields dont just randomly hit stuff and reveal you. It hit you first.
Negative and I have the logs to show it.

I was by myself scouting ahead of the group. They were waiting on someone to get close enough for a summons and I was after that same persons tombstone. As I walked in between 2 mobs:

SPOILER:
[17:40:35] <BLUE>Your damage shield hits Graystone Ripper for 45 damage.
[17:40:35] <BLUE>Your damage shield hits Graystone Flayer for 45 damage.
[17:40:35] Graystone Ripper hits you for <highlight>801</color> damage.
[17:40:35] Graystone Flayer hits you for <highlight>817</color> damage.
[17:40:37] <BLUE>Your damage shield hits Graystone Torturer for 45 damage.
[17:40:37] Horrorbone Construct misses you!
[17:40:37] Graystone Torturer hits you for <highlight>946</color> damage.
[17:40:37] You dodge Graystone Ripper's attack.
[17:40:38] <BLUE>Your damage shield hits Graystone Flayer for 45 damage.
[17:40:38] Graystone Flayer hits you for <highlight>796</color> damage.
[17:40:41] You dodge Graystone Flayer's attack.
[17:40:41] <BLUE>Your damage shield hits Graystone Ripper for 45 damage.
[17:40:42] Graystone Ripper's <highlight>Cyclone Strike</color> hits you for <highlight>314</color> damage.
[17:40:43] <BLUE>Your damage shield hits Graystone Armorer for 45 damage.
[17:40:43] Graystone Armorer hits you for <highlight>962</color> damage.
[17:40:44] You dodge Graystone Footsoldier's attack.
[17:40:44] Graystone Ripper begins to cast a spell.
[17:40:45] You dodge Graystone Spellbreaker's attack.
[17:40:46] <BLUE>Your damage shield hits Graystone Footsoldier for 45 damage.
[17:40:46] Graystone Footsoldier hits you for <highlight>940</color> damage.
[17:40:47] Graystone Torturer begins to cast a spell.
[17:40:47] You have been slain by Graystone Footsoldier!

I had never seen that before and was not able to find out who had the ds on me. Nobody owned up to it.

Not sure how a shield that was supposed to be reactive fired and hit these 2 mobs, but I don't have any other explanation that makes sense. I guess it's possible that my stealth dropped at that point for some reason, but I'm not sure how.

Last edited by Gahd; 09-17-07 at 12:25 PM.
Amatsu
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #44

Looks like a problem with the logging system. Every time your DS fired it fired immediatly before the attack hit you. More evidence that they need to fix logging.

Swag
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #45

Amatsu said:
Looks like a problem with the logging system. Every time your DS fired it fired immediatly before the attack hit you. More evidence that they need to fix logging.
What he said.

Even Sigil wouldn't make damage shields that automatically and randomly hit stuff near you.

Swag
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #46

When combat ends with finishers open, you can't enter stalking until the finisher timers run out.

Dikamin
Rogue Class Leader
-Vanguard

Reply With Quote   #47

Swag said:
When combat ends with finishers open, you can't enter stalking until the finisher timers run out.
Are you useing the hotkey on the bar or useing the forms selector?

Swag
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #48

Dikamin said:
Are you useing the hotkey on the bar or useing the forms selector?
Forms. Either way, the finisher timers should just cut out when the mob dies.

Swag
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #49

+10% run speed from Mask of the Feral Warrior is frequently resisted thanks to Elusive Foe. Also, even when it is not resisted it has no apparent effect (and is not show in Movement Speed %)

Shiverr
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #50

Swag said:
+10% run speed from Mask of the Feral Warrior is frequently resisted thanks to Elusive Foe. Also, even when it is not resisted it has no apparent effect (and is not show in Movement Speed %)
Yea I just noticed that the other day also. The run buff
is called Animal reflexes I think.

Also whats bugged with the mask is that when the heal is
cast, it breaks stealth. And when the 1hr buff runs out, you
have to clear the hotkey of the heal icon and drag a new
one cause it wont show the cooldown time.