The end is nigh

FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

brogett
EQ Community
Round Table Member

Re: Community Round Table
Reply With Quote   #51

Xaxony Silentshadow said:
This says you would put your name up on the wizard front, doesn't do jack **** for rogues. They will not listen to a wizard about rogues.
Of course we need a rogue first-and-foremost in there, but I don't agree that they'd ignore other classes views on rogues. Indeed originally when CL was initially setup the devs specifically stated they wanted players with an allround knowledge of multiple classes rather than people simply assuming it'd be a renaming of the old class representatives panel.

As I said before, whether or not a wizard who plays a rogue is of any use to us purely comes down to one of attitude: are they trying to score points against rogues, or are they trying to bring two of the premier (in theory) dps classes closer together? I'm assuming given the postings here that it is the latter.

And ok enough is enough, I'll throw my hat in the ring and see what happens. Songsa, please do feel free to do so too! There's room for both of us and should SOE happen to decide they only want one and that one is you then fair enough - I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

Xaxony Silentshadow
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #52

brogett said:
And ok enough is enough, I'll throw my hat in the ring and see what happens. Songsa, please do feel free to do so too! There's room for both of us and should SOE happen to decide they only want one and that one is you then fair enough - I wouldn't lose sleep over it.
Thanks Brog and Song for the huge undertaking you're both about to do for all of us.

I promise I will keep my PMS to a minimum and not chew anymore asses in an open forum :P

<3

nollen
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #53

I also would be happy if either Brog or Songsa get chosen. Good luck to all of us.

SincroFashad
Former EQ Rogue Community Leader

Reply With Quote   #54

There were two types of feedback I provided to the dev team when I was the CL.

Personal feedback, which is exactly what it sounds like: my personal opinions based on what I had actually witnessed, or feedback resulting from one on one conversations with rogues who had witnessed sometning. (For instance, almost none of my personal feedback on casual play came from my own knowledge, it came from other rogues.)

The second type was community feedback. That is, or was, when SOE would ask us a question and we would go back to the community, find out the answer, if possible, and report that answer back. AA polls were a prime example.

For the first type of feedback, the person's opinions are highly relevent, and almost certainly part of the reson SOE allowed them to be a part of the team. At the time I was chosen to be a CL, I had a posting history of multiple thousands of posts. SOE knew what it was getting when they asked me to come aboard, and they had to expect a certain slant to the feedback I provided based on my opinions. And, for that matter, you as the rogue community had to have expected a certain slant to my feedback based on how you knew me as well. At least, I hope so. For the second type of feedback, however, the opinion and personal feelings of the CL ought to remain silent. It didn't matter if Sincro thought that the bestest AA in the entire explored galaxy was X if the rest of the rogues thought it was Y. Y was what Sincro reported back to the team.

As far as grief, or constantly getting railed at by the community. Meh. Just deal with it. You're never gonna make everyone happy. Just have an opinion, stick to it, and when t comes to the community's opinion, give that. People may not like you, but they'll still respect you for sticking to your guns.

-Sinc

Garet Jax
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #55

i'll do it, been playing a rogue forever.

Felani
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #56

Add my vote for Brog and Songsa

Last edited by Felani; 04-25-11 at 05:20 PM.
gounx

Reply With Quote   #57

Songsa and Brogett are both solid picks so here is another vote for either one.

Jazya
Hand of the Ring

Reply With Quote   #58

From what I've seen in the past, people who nominate themselves are generally the wrong type of people to be doing this. Myself included.

Do it, Brog!

Frib
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #59

Brog 1st Song 2nd ... =)

songsa
EQ Community
Round Table Member

Reply With Quote   #60

Jazya said:
From what I've seen in the past, people who nominate themselves are generally the wrong type of people to be doing this. Myself included.

Do it, Brog!
i have to disagree here, sometimes you are right some people can use that position to show off or something but in the other hand we need motivated people for the role who want to have an active role, because they have ideas and want to share them, i have no doubt for Brogett but generally speaking if you force people to do it its not a great solution either.

Songsa
Raging Fury
Antonius Bayle
Jazya
Hand of the Ring

Reply With Quote   #61

songsa said:
we need motivated people for the role who want to have an active role, because they have ideas and want to share them,
Wasn't directed at you, you have my support too

hettil
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #62

I also think Brog and Song are fine choices Anyone but Pyro :P

Rogues backstab, cheat, steal, sneak around, and generally cause mayhem and mischeif. If this isn't what you're doing, go be a monk or a zerker.

songsa
EQ Community
Round Table Member

Reply With Quote   #63

Jazya said:
Wasn't directed at you, you have my support too
well i didnt feel personnally pointed out was more a general thinking, if some people with good experience, some diplomacy and ideas want to apply it would be a good thing imo.

Garet Jax
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #64

Jazya said:

Do it, Brog!
I wouldnt want brog, because I love the info we get from him already, I think it would ruin it.

I wouldnt want Jazya either, because of the things u say on soe boards, it makes u look very unknowledgeable of the rogue class. You would make a better ranger rep.

I dont mind Pyro or songsa either, both would be good reps for the rogue class.

I volunteered for the position because I think I would make a good voice for the rogue class and I have the time to put into it. I think I could address the needs for the rogue class that I have read on safehouse and soe boards very well. I did alot of work for the triple attack issue long ago and think I could help us make a difference. I submit lots of bug fixes on test and have been on beta the last 3 years and I've been going to fan faire consistantly when it is in Vegas. I plan on going again this July. I've been playing a rogue since 2000 and have many rogue alts, usually one of each race. My main rogue is in HoT tier 4 and have 2 alts in HoT tier 3 guilds on different servers. I think I have a great grasp on the issues rogues are having atm.

Catweazel
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #65

Garet Jax said:
....self grandisement....

You also have a long history of both guild, personal attacks and stalking.

Tivia
Weird Store
Snack Pervert

Reply With Quote   #66

Dear god that is such a tempting target, that almost isn't even fair.

"Check out my youtube channel. Featuring League of Legends, FFXIV:ARR, gameplay and commentary."
Stalk
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #67

I nominate myself as a rogue rep. The reasons why I should be a rogue rep are as follows:

songsa
EQ Community
Round Table Member

Reply With Quote   #68

Stalk said:
I nominate myself as a rogue rep. The reasons why I should be a rogue rep are as follows:
nice one

Xaxony Silentshadow
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #69

I still think Brog and Song are the best choices.

Pyro has too much of an ego and a mouth to be useful.

Stalk thinks just because he has 5 90's and several thousand AA's that makes him qualified, but I disagree, having no life does not make you qualified.

Garet Jax has a questionable reputation and I feel would not be a good represenative for our community.

Just my 2cp.

Stalk
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #70

Xaxony Silentshadow said:
I still think Brog and Song are the best choices.

Pyro has too much of an ego and a mouth to be useful.

Stalk thinks just because he has 5 90's and several thousand AA's that makes him qualified, but I disagree, having no life does not make you qualified.

Garet Jax has a questionable reputation and I feel would not be a good represenative for our community.

Just my 2cp.
Uh, the joke went right over your head so your opinion on the world, existence, and everything else in it is invalid now. My signature had nothing to do with the content of my post.

Songsa got it, at least.

Thanks for the insult by the way! I'll get back to you when I come up with a "yo momma" retort. I wouldn't want to make my retort too hard for you to understand so that we can avoid a disaster that is your post.

Tivia
Weird Store
Snack Pervert

Reply With Quote   #71

Like him or not, you guys need someone like Pyro. While Songsa and Brog are certainly good choices and should definitely be included, we need a top end rogue as well. The reason? Simple, most players and devs will actually listen to them.

I have generally kept out of this, but the reality is you need three voices. Someone from the very top is mandatory because sorry you don't understand how it works if you aren't there. Someone like Brog who is exceptionally detail oriented is required as well for obvious reasons. Songsa rounds it out as someone the non upper tier community can rally around as their voice as we all know the casuals are convinced that the upper tier doesn't give a damn about them (Which may or may not be true).

Picking those three individuals is the overwhelming best thing that could happen to this community if it can be made to happen.

Stalk,

Don't worry, I got the joke as well. I got a pretty good chuckle out of it I just didn't bother to post.

songsa
EQ Community
Round Table Member

Reply With Quote   #72

Well i was in a midtier raiding guild for a while but i'm in Raging fury now, top 4-5 guild serverwide (depending on extensions), maybe not the level of exigency of RoI but we cleared HoT 2,5 months ago, so i think i have an idea of high end

You are right though i understand non raiders or low tier ones and thats simply because i played for years in those kind of guilds, so i know the difficulty for melee classes against casters especially when you don't have the raid gear to compete.

brogett
EQ Community
Round Table Member

Reply With Quote   #73

IMO RoI rogues don't really get to see the problems the rest of us face. Not knocking RoI for their incredible dps, but it simply isn't like that for almost every other guild.

RF seem a better fit for the high-end community as they have solid dps, but don't stack the raids with the perfect classes in quite the same way that RoI do (from what I can tell, having seen a couple parses before).

Tivia
Weird Store
Snack Pervert

Reply With Quote   #74

Which is why I said you need three perspectives.

Imnothereareyou
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #75

Nobody will listen to pyro, I almost guarantee the devs will not give his words any wieght. The reason is simple, if you don't agree with him your wrong.

I do like the idea of having 3 rogues on there but I don't think they are gonna add that many new people. I think the best thing to do would be to have Brog or Song and use this site like we have in the past as a sounding board for them to bring up issues.

Also as i said before having people from other classes that have played a rog or still play one would be a help also, if like Brog said they are not here to simply call for nerfs

songsa
EQ Community
Round Table Member

Reply With Quote   #76

Imo even a RoI member could do it, it's just we need people who take a look at all categories of players : casual soloers who just log to make some AAs when they have some time to spend, groupers who don't have the playtime to enter a raiding guild (hello wife and kids ), raiders and hard core raiders.

All these categories of rogues have problems but they are different, and taking only your own example to fix all rogues problems without taking a look at other would be a great mistake. Listening others and humility are 2 essential requirements for the role.

Shadowgleam_
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #77

Tivia said:
Which is why I said you need three perspectives.
I think best 3 would be:

Songsa
Brog
Catweazel

Pyro
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #78

Well, as cocky, elitist, arrogant, for the most part self-serving as I may be. I'm here to help, so yeah.

songsa
EQ Community
Round Table Member

Reply With Quote   #79

Any opinion and game vision is helpful, yours incuded.

Xaxony Silentshadow
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #80

Stalk said:
Uh, the joke went right over your head so your opinion on the world, existence, and everything else in it is invalid now. My signature had nothing to do with the content of my post.

Songsa got it, at least.

Thanks for the insult by the way! I'll get back to you when I come up with a "yo momma" retort. I wouldn't want to make my retort too hard for you to understand so that we can avoid a disaster that is your post.
You're right, the joke did go right over my head. I made that post at about 4am. Lack of sleep makes for lack of brain power at that time of the morning. I deserved the scathing reply and apologize for my initial lack of manners on my reference to you, Stalk.

/tips hat before vanishing back into the shadows.

Garet Jax
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #81

Catweazel said:
You also have a long history of both guild, personal attacks and stalking.
a long history of guild personal attacks? where u coming up with that from? lol

a long history of guild stalking? have u takin your pain meds lately?

which rogue is putting u up to this? damn that SG or is it Warben, hehe.

brogett
EQ Community
Round Table Member

Reply With Quote   #82

For what it's worth, whether or not I end up in the CRT I'll try and keep figuring things out and hope to participate in future betas etc. (If only they were easier to get in to - those of us not in "beta guilds" don't get invited often or early.)

I also suspect our opinions here are irrelevant, unfortunately. The Devs in the past have gone down the road of inviting people with high post counts.

Stalk
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #83

brogett said:
For what it's worth, whether or not I end up in the CRT I'll try and keep figuring things out and hope to participate in future betas etc. (If only they were easier to get in to - those of us not in "beta guilds" don't get invited often or early.)

I also suspect our opinions here are irrelevant, unfortunately. The Devs in the past have gone down the road of inviting people with high post counts.
As Guild Leader of Zen Cabal, I usually got into the Beta every time. But that stopped on HoT beta. *sadface*

You're right, the joke did go right over my head. I made that post at about 4am. Lack of sleep makes for lack of brain power at that time of the morning. I deserved the scathing reply and apologize for my initial lack of manners on my reference to you, Stalk.

/tips hat before vanishing back into the shadows.
No problem, I wasn't expecting an apology so I appreciate it.

Catweazel
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #84

Shadowgleam_ said:
I think best 3 would be:

Songsa
Brog
Catweazel
Lol :p

Full marks for the first two!!

I don't believe we need three. In terms of Pyro I'm not personally convinced that an end game player has added much in terms of class representation in the past. It is more about diplomacy and ability to get on within the confines that SOE sets.

Jazya
Hand of the Ring

Reply With Quote   #85

brogett said:
The Devs in the past have gone down the road of inviting people with uber guild flags and fanfaire attendees
fixed!

Tivia
Weird Store
Snack Pervert

Reply With Quote   #86

Jazya said:
fixed!
Explain all the people in the last one with low level characters and stupidly high post counts on the SoE boards then..Oh that I might add, didn't have a Effing clue what they were talking about...

Fanfaire I would agree with..post count and fanfaire attendance. Honestly there have always only been a token showing from the top guilds.

Oh and before I forget, I was unaware that Songsa was in a top tier these days. Good for you Songsa, that will do. Will be nice to see another rogue around here who can speak from all angles of the game fairly. Not that some on this board won't accuse you of only thinking about raiders anyhow, but still.

Jazya
Hand of the Ring

Reply With Quote   #87

Tivia said:
Explain all the people in the last one with low level characters and stupidly high post counts on the SoE boards then.
Casuals who go to FanFaires!

Bargai_Stromm
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #88

brogett said:

In reference to Betas, I am willing to bet that the members of the CRT will be given a fairly high priority. It would be senseless to have a focus group and not allow them access to information about something as major as an expansion release.

As for the rest of us, I think we should all take note of the word that SOE uses to describe people on the Community Round Table. All references have been to "Members". SOE seems to desire class and playstyle presence on the CRT but shies away from any terms that would indicate they are looking for Advocates.

Piestro published a Mission Statment for the CRT. "The Community Round Table is a program designed to give players and members of the Development Team a confidential space to discuss upcoming design decisions with the benefit of a non-disclosure agreement. This allows members of the Dev Team to be able to discuss with an audience of players topics that are still in development and not yet ready for public scrutiny, providing a degree of player feedback to assist in the making of design decisions. The Community Round Table also assists members of the Development Team with research and a player perspective on topics where such is needed."

In light of that mission statement (and a little reading between the lines of other statements on the CRT), it might be better if we thought of any rogue members of the CRT as Points of Contact rather than Representatives.

Eleena Transient
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #89

Apps are being taken for CRT now

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/po...opic_id=176063

Have at it!

Rasper Helpdesk of Rathe (via Prexus via Terris Thule)
My guides
brogett
EQ Community
Round Table Member

Reply With Quote   #90

Beat me to it Rasper!

Padgin
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #91

Gratz to all of our rogue apps so far!

Even though I am not sure who may or may not be choosen, I for one appreciate the fact that all of you (Brog, Songsa, Keriath, and (even) Pyro) have taken the time, and shown the desire to represent the class.
I feel all of you can be a great addition to the crt program.

Thank you!

songsa
EQ Community
Round Table Member

Reply With Quote   #92

Thx yes, more applicants mean more chances to be represented at the end, and this is the principal.

brogett
EQ Community
Round Table Member

Reply With Quote   #93

songsa said:
Thx yes, more applicants mean more chances to be represented at the end, and this is the principal.
I'm glad to see Keriath in there too, but having just read your app post Songsa I think you'd be the best for the rogue community. Got me convinced! :-)

Hopefully we'll get multiple rogues in though.

Orvis
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #94

TO: Anyone that applies or is thinking of applying.

If you can't communicate well in a text format then remove yourself from the options available for choice or don't even apply.

I don't care what level of play you are. Whether you are casual, raid, or a mix of both doesn't matter to me. If you can't have an open mind, look outside the box, listen, understand and communicate then I would rather you just stay out of it.

Someone playing 3 years that can do those things would be alot better than someone that's played 12 years and doesn't.

You will be representing a class and in that class are alot of folks that are hoping for the best. Remember that, it's not just you, it's all of us.

In regards to whoever is chosen, if you ever forget why you are doing what you are doing, just remember...

ROGUES RULE THE NIGHT AND DEATH IS OUR WEAPON OF CHOICE

Laters,

Charbana
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #95

Tivia said:
Like him or not, you guys need someone like Pyro. While Songsa and Brog are certainly good choices and should definitely be included, we need a top end rogue as well.
Just need to get one foot back in the door, Tivia!

[80 Shadowblade (Rogue)] Charb (Barbarian)
Tivia
Weird Store
Snack Pervert

Reply With Quote   #96

Charbana said:
Just need to get one foot back in the door, Tivia!
Nope, not coming back.

Juggahnaut
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #97

As orvis stated... the candidates for class lead/round table need to think outside the box.
If you can't look at topics from a neutral point of view rather than just your own, you probably won't fit well there.

We have many people that would represent the rogue class well there, they just have to remember, anything derogatory said towards the rogues is not to be viewed as a personal attack, but as an opinion from a non-rogue and said person/people may or may not have properly informed opinion(s) on rogue ideals. Keep a level head.

Red Green: Remember, I'm pulling for ya. We're all in this together!

Xaxony Silentshadow
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #98

Not to derail the thread but...JUGGY!!!! <3

brogett
EQ Community
Round Table Member

Reply With Quote   #99

After some time the CRT program has picked up speed and multiple people are being added. The current list is here: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/po...opic_id=175696

You may spot a rogue. The eagle eyed amongst you may even spot a typo.
So far only one rog, but I'd be suprised if it stayed that way too long.

I'll try my best to serve the community, obviously within the confines of the program. It's likely to be largely one way by nature, but please don't be disheartened.

Meanwhile, I would urge anyone with access to beta to partake in all relevant discussions there as this is your chance to have your say directly without any filtering through intermediaries. Use the chance you have (if willing and lucky enough to get in) to improve the game for all, including us obviously.

Brog

Renuvas
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #100

Brogett. Grats. =)