TheSafehouse

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak, and remove all doubt.

Safehouse Forums

Safehouse Site Info

The end is nigh

FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

likenew
Veteran

Re: Returning player questions
Reply With Quote   #51

I logged in for my last weekend, found that I didn't have the 100 station points, and can't use my clickies! Need to be a gold user, blah, can't even use epic 2.0 clicky

Built a house though.

likenew shinycoins of cazic thule

My first blog

Last edited by likenew; 04-09-12 at 06:32 PM.
Ponzi
Minister of Insight

Reply With Quote   #52

likenew said:
I logged in for my last weekend, found that I didn't have the 100 station points, and can't use my clickies! Need to be a gold user, blah, can't even use epic 2.0 clicky

Built a house though.
The usual culprit for unusable gear is augs. A lot of augs, even crappy LDoN ones, are flagged as prestige, and a prestige aug will make the equipment its in unusable unless you're on a gold account. Remove your augs from your equipment and you'll probably be able to use it.

Halen
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #53

Are the velium armour quests still worth doing? I always liked killing giants.

--

woah
Halen
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #54

You know what, I just looked at the stats. For the effort: it's probably not. Kinda sad - I looked up the coldain prayer shawl. Remember that? That was serious business. You need nearly 200 in most trade skills and a huge amount of farming/effort. My friend Syrinne did it. But the shawl itself now just isn't that great, compared to stuff that just drops from regular mobs or quests or which you just get GIVEN as part of the /claim dialogue.

Halen
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #55

Oh wow. There's a shawl #2 quest.

likenew
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #56

Ponzi said:
The usual culprit for unusable gear is augs. A lot of augs, even crappy LDoN ones, are flagged as prestige, and a prestige aug will make the equipment its in unusable unless you're on a gold account. Remove your augs from your equipment and you'll probably be able to use it.
booo that sucks!

Halen
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #57

Completed 10th anniversary quest. Got my shiny metal roboboar. Boy, was that not worth it. Apparently, you can combine it with a chain bridle to make it superfast, but why would you? It's really noisy, and it makes a rocking movement all the time when you move. Oh well, at least I have a fancy title now.

Ponzi
Minister of Insight

Reply With Quote   #58

likenew said:
booo that sucks!
New patch. They fixed that. Now it's just the aug that's inactive, not the whole piece of equipment.

Soulstealer
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #59

Halen said:
You know what, I just looked at the stats. For the effort: it's probably not. Kinda sad - I looked up the coldain prayer shawl. Remember that? That was serious business. You need nearly 200 in most trade skills and a huge amount of farming/effort. My friend Syrinne did it. But the shawl itself now just isn't that great, compared to stuff that just drops from regular mobs or quests or which you just get GIVEN as part of the /claim dialogue.
But now you can use those awesome tradeskill points to do the extra merc slot quest!!!

Halen
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #60

Yea, so not everything is soloable. Trying to do the stone hive quests, and after 3 attempts in the top corridor, I've decided to hell with it. Last attempt was with a paladin (he was 42 and I was 43). The rooms pull with 7 mobs and it was clear neither of us were used to grouping. He let three mobs beat me down, just focusing on the main, and I didn't even think to try and root/memblur them or whatever, so we ended up both dying.

I mean, the quest reward itself is pretty poo, so what the hell eh?

Ponzi
Minister of Insight

Reply With Quote   #61

Last night someone shouted in general chat that a quest item was rotting in Natimbi. I ran over there as fast as possible, got through those ridiculous Gates of Discord zones with some creative use of levitate and illusions, and am now the proud owner of an ogre illusion mask.

Only downside was that I was in the middle of a corpse retrieval on my alt, and by the time I was done, that corpse had expired. Still, a little bit of experience is a small price to pay.

Halen
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #62

Hah! Nice work! I used to love collecting illusion masks. I remember camping that damn brownie for 8 hours straight.

Bad news is I started playing Dragon Age: Origins last night. Could I have peaked at level 42? heh!

Soulstealer
Veteran

Reply With Quote   #63

I started that Efreeti death visage quest, the one with the illusion of the spectre. Man some of the new zones are like.. I see why no one plays there.

mitsune
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #64

Soulstealer said:
I started that Efreeti death visage quest, the one with the illusion of the spectre. Man some of the new zones are like.. I see why no one plays there.
Wait till you see some of the quest you have to do for this mask, lol.

Halen
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #65

So much effort has been put into some of the newer zones. Goru'kar Mesa is another great zone with brilliant quests (as opposed to the stupid stone hive quests). Plus, oh my god, a tradeskill quest that has an option to have an NPC do the tradeskills for you. Bliss!

The only problem I'm having is it's just too easy to level now - I'm outlevelling the quests before I have time to do them! Plus defiant armour keeps dropping that's better than the stuff I'm questing for in the first place :-(

I know you probably won't know, but are there any decent shield quests? Mine is awful.

Halen
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #66

Ok, another question - about titles. I see from this table:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:Special_Titles

The titles that are available. But that's out of date now I assume? Checking on Halen, I can see I can choose (amongst others) Lord, master poisoner, etc etc. Is there a more up to date listing?

Zraxxos
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #67

Ponzi said:
For that bag: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...tml?quest=5522

It's in the player housing zone. The other quests there also look easy and worth doing.
HeHe, same old EQ with the time sink quests. At least this one gives a nice reward that is useful.

amaquin
Registered Member

Reply With Quote   #68

Halen said:
Ok, another question - about titles. I see from this table:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:Special_Titles

The titles that are available. But that's out of date now I assume? Checking on Halen, I can see I can choose (amongst others) Lord, master poisoner, etc etc. Is there a more up to date listing?
All of the 6/18 and some of the 42 AA titles were given to everyone. Lord/Lady, Master/Mistress, Duke/Duchess, and so forth. Some of the 42 point titles stayed, I think my bard can be a Muse but my rogue can not. The level titles have stayed, and the epic titles are still unique to the classes.

The other titles you mentioned are tradeskill titles. Master Poisoner you get at 300 poison making, so congrats on that. Expert Chef/Blacksmith/whatever comes about in the 250+ range. Apprentice is somewhere near 100, journeyman is between 150 and 200 (i forget where, just guessing by where some of my skills are).

There are some other titles that can be bought, or achieved as part of achievements and quests. The achievement window will has some of those, others like "of the Time Lords" you get for beating the last boss of SoD (First raid on each server to beat the event got the title "Timelord/Timelady", everyone else gets the suffix only if I understand right). The title Courier and of the Couriers are from that bag quest that got mentioned up thread. Things like that you just have to go looking for. The purchased ones, they are available in the marketplace for 50 to 100 station cash; far too many to list out.